- Lead a range of stormwater & floodplain management projects
- Specialist role in small professional team
- Salary circa $120k + Super + attractive lease-back vehicle option
The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer experienced in Stormwater & Floodplain management to join our Civil Infrastructure and Integration team.
As our Stormwater and Floodplain specialist, you will use your technical knowledge and people skills to engage and manage consultants in the preparation of flood studies, floodplain risk management studies and plans as well as the establishment and administration of floodplain management committees.
The range of projects you will contribute to include a catchment wide flood study including mitigation and drainage renewal projects across the Ryde LGA, a comprehensive flood study and related mitigation design for the Eastwood town centre, and major urban development projects in Macquarie Park and Meadowbank. The value of projects you will assist in delivering in the 2018-19 Capital Works delivery plan will be approximately $4.5m.
You will also undertake assessment of local development proposals on flood prone lands, review hydrologic and hydraulic models and provide technical advice to ensure compliance with Council's relevant policies, technical standards and the NSW Floodplain Development manual.
- Degree level qualifications in Civil or Environmental Engineering or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia
- Significant experience in undertaking, reviewing and implementing flood studies, floodplain risk management studies and related plans
- Proven experience in the use of hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality models such as DRAINS, Tuflow, Hec-RAS, RAFTS, MUSIC etc with respect to latest Australian standards
- Experience in, or strong understanding of, the assessment of Development Applications including major residential and commercial developments, planning proposals, and master-plans from a stormwater and floodplain risk management perspective
- Strong written communication skills with ability to write well argued, technical reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience facilitating meetings with stakeholders and negotiating outcomes
A salary in the region of $120k + superannuation is negotiable depending on your qualifications and proven experience. Your conditions include an attractive vehicle lease-back option, on-going training and development, and flexible work practices that can include a rostered day off each 3rd week.
Interested, like to konw more? Please call Sadiya Khan on (02) 9952 8344 for a confidential discussion or go to the Work at Ryde page of our website where you can get more information and apply today using our convenient on-line application porcess..
Closing Date: Monday 27 August 2018 at 11.30 pm