Situated 6km from the Sydney CBD with 36km of Parramatta River foreshore, the City of Canada Bay is home to over 90,000 residents across 20 sq km and supports a thriving business and commercial sector. With a forecasted population of 115,000 by 2030 achieved through a number of urban renewal precincts at Rhodes, North Strathfield, Concord West and Parramatta Road.
Manager, Major Projects
3 Year Full Time Contract
Competitive Remuneration Package
Council currently has an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced and commercially driven Project Manager to lead and deliver vital community projects in excess of $90 million over the next 3 years.
Current projects include the Concord Oval Redevelopment in which Council will manage the construction of a state of the art sporting field and community precinct and the Rhodes Recreation Centre which will involve managing the design and construction of a multipurpose community space that compromises of amenities such as a childcare centre, cafes, swimming pool, gymnastics area and community meeting spaces.
As the Manager, Major Projects you will be responsible for the full range of project management activities that includes (but not limited to):
- Developing concept designs,
- Project approvals
- Procurement of consultants and contractors,
- Completing investigations and feasibility reports,
- Budget management;
- Conducting audits as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Construction management, architecture or similar
- Extensive project management experience including budget management
- Strong leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and collaborative projects; and
- A valid Driver’s licence and White Card.
It is essential that you possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills to ensure you can confidently manage all stakeholders and lead your team and Council through the next generation of community developments.
Please see attached position description for more information or contact Lorraine Lloyd, Manager – HR and Organisational Development on 9911 6510
Applications close: Sunday 24 June 2018 at 11:30pm