Salary Neg to $101,111 P/A + Super
We currently have an opportunity available to be part of the Sustainability Project Team.
In this position you will be responsible for the project management of sustainable building developments and retrofits within Council, along with providing advice for sustainable building in the commercial/ business sector in the LGA. You may also assist the implementation of projects in which Council is a partner and other sustainability projects that require professional project management.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management, Construction Management or Environmental Engineering.
- Professional experience and training in sustainable building rating systems such as Green Building Council of Australia and/or NABERs.
- An understanding of the principles of sustainability and climate change.
- Previous experience in construction management and/or contract administration.
- A working knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian standards in relation to building, construction and maintenance.
- A general understanding of planning and development legislation.
- High level communication, interpersonal, negotiation and report-writing skills.
- A well developed working knowledge of the NSW Work, Health and Safety (WHS) legislation and principles.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work within established parameters in close co-operation with other staff, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills with an ability to resolve disputes at the earliest level possible.
- Experience in the preparation of minor cost estimates and effectively monitoring budgets and activity plans.
Council offers excellent facilities and benefits, a progressive work environment, rostered days off for full time staff.
Interested? Visit our website at www.ezicareers.com.au/willoughby
Enquiries: David Roberts, Acting Environment Manager on 9777 7528
Applications must address all of the selection criteria contained in the position description which may be accessed online.
Applications close: 21 March 2018.
Applications can be submitted online via our website.