Shellharbour City offers coastal, urban and rural lifestyles in one of the fastest growing regions of NSW. Located just 1 1/2 hours south of Sydney, we serve a growing population of 70,000 people in an area of 154 square kilometres.
We are seeking an experienced work, health and safety officer. You will be responsible for coordinating and assisting operational managers and supervisors to ensure compliance with Council’s WHS requirements at all outdoor depots and work sites.
- Certificate IV in a relevant field such as Work Health and Safety (WHS) or relevant experience in providing technical and safety support and training to operational activities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply WHS principles at an operational level.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite of programs and previous experience in maintaining and using information management systems.
- High level interpersonal, teamwork, communication and persuasion skills.
- Ability to develop, maintain and review safe systems at work.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong commitment to safety.
- Proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in using a quality management system or other business improvement initiatives.
- Current driver’s licence – Minimum Class C.
- WHS General Induction for Construction Certificate (White Card).
- Demonstrated understanding of behavioural based safety initiatives.
- Workplace trainer and/or audit qualifications.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
This is a full time position and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government State Award, relevant legislation and Council's policies and procedures. The position is Grade 15 under Council’s salary system with a salary of up to $1321.11 per week.
For further information about this position, including details on applying for a position with Shellharbour City Council please see Council’s website at www.shellharbour.nsw.gov.au
Specific enquiries may be directed to Ian Smith on 4221 6234.
Written applications quoting the reference number, addressing the selection criteria and including contact details for at least two referees closing 4pm Friday 23 February 2018.
Please mark your application “Confidential Job Application” and send your application electronically to email@example.com
Shellharbour City Council is an equal opportunity employer