Shellharbour City offers coastal, urban and rural lifestyles in one of the fastest growing regions of NSW. Located just 1 1/2 hours south of Sydney, we serve a growing population of 70,000 people in an area of 154 square kilometres.
We are seeking an experienced professional to provide high-level support to and coordinate the processes that assist the organisation to implement best practice in efficient and transparent decision making practices that demonstrate excellent value for the community.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in governance, legal or related field.
- Extensive experience in roles directly involved in corporate governance, policy development or administration.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and providing coaching and guidance to staff.
- Ability to accurately interpret and analyse legislation and make sound recommendations for legal or policy review as required.
- Demonstrated high level reasoning, conceptual and problem solving skills and the exercise of sound judgement.
- Thorough knowledge or legal principles such as public interest, natural justice, privacy, confidentiality, legal professional privilege, defamation and copyright.
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills (including negotiation, customer service, public speaking, conflict resolution and mentoring) with the ability to explain decisions under relevant legislation both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work within timeframes and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake computer related tasks and the ability to quickly adapt to new software packages.
- Experience in using a quality management system or other business improvement initiatives.
- Experience working in Local Government and familiarity of Local Government processes and issues.
- Previous experience with Government Information (Public Access) Act (GIPA) administration, determinations, and Privacy Legislation
This is a full time position and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government State Award, relevant legislation and Council's policies and procedures. The position is Grade 18 under Council’s salary system with a salary of up to $1584.69 per week.
For further information about this position, including details on applying for a position with Shellharbour City Council please see Council’s website at www.shellharbour.nsw.gov.au
Specific enquiries may be directed to Flora Lepouras on 4221 6024.
Written applications quoting the reference number, addressing the selection criteria and including contact details for at least two referees closing 4pm Friday 23 February 2018.
Please mark your application “Confidential Job Application” and send your application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shellharbour City Council is an equal opportunity employer