Position Number: F2018/00099
Salary: Grade 7 Operational ($58,020 - $63,820 pa + 9.5% super)
Permanent full-time (38 hours per week)
- Join an innovative and creative team
- Strong investment in career development
The Des Renford Leisure Centre is seeking an experienced Cert III/IV Fitness Professional to help drive the Gym and Aerobics program to its FULL potential. You will have experience in the gym environment as well as training clients, be customer service focused, self motivated with concentration on quality and willing to get your ‘hands dirty’ when required. This role will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the gym and aerobics program, provide leadership to casual staff, assist members with consultations and program design, support the sales team, and ensure we are regarded as a quality fitness facility within the community.
The role provides a stimulating and challenging work environment and a strong platform for career development. This is an excellent opportunity to have immediate input into the success of the Gym and Aerobics areas. The successful applicant will actively join a diverse team and be an advocate for operational excellence within the local community.
If you are interested in this role you will require:
- Previous experience as a qualified Fitness Instructor at a Fitness Centre.
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service both technically and socially.
- Previous experience in membership sales.
- High level communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Work Health and Safety and quality and environmental requirements relating to the fitness industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and productively within an organisation and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Class C Drivers licence.
“This position involves working with children. As per the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, a Working with Children Check identity number with clearance will be required for an application to be considered for this position.”
Further Information: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Duncan Rennie, Coordinator Aquatic Services Operations on 02 9093 6326.
How to Apply: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to apply online.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
Receipt Email: Due to an update of our systems, if you do not receive an automatic application receipt email please contact Human Resources on 02 9093 6850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Wednesday 28 February 2018.