Director Assets and Operations
- Sapphire Coast Location
- Competitive remuneration package
- Full time (5 year, Senior Executive contract position)
The Bega Valley Shire is located at the south-eastern corner of New South Wales, half way between Australia’s two largest cities Sydney and Melbourne and just over two hours’ drive from the nation’s capital Canberra.
Nestled between rolling country side and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer, the Bega Valley Shire offers abundance in the way of location and leisure. Bega Valley Shire Council currently employs over 400 staff and delivers services to a permanently based community of approx 33,000.
We are seeking an inspirational leader who is focused on making a positive impact in the Bega Valley Shire. As the Director of Assets and Operations you will provide leadership and strategic direction across engineering strategy, design and planning; built assets implementation and maintenance; recreation facilities and amenities, water and sewer operations and maintenance; and waste and recycling services. This senior leadership position has oversight of a diverse workforce of approx. 200.
This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring our community has essential infrastructure, services and amenities available. The ability to work collaboratively with our community while providing strategic business direction both internally and externally is essential.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced leader who meets the following criteria:
- A degree qualified engineer with relevant post graduate qualifications.
- Proven experience in the negotiation and delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Extensive experience in managing a large diverse workforce that include professional, technical and trade disciplines.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders to deliver Council’s commitments to its community.
Prior to the submission of an application, a confidential discussion to assess your suitability against the requirements of the position is to be undertaken by Nina Churchward Executive Manager People and Governance. For a confidential discussion please contact Nina on 02 6499 2197 or by email to email@example.com.
Applications close: 25/02/2018
You can access the advertisement at: begavalley.mercury.com.au