Not only is Camden the fastest growing LGA in NSW, it is also one of the most exciting and evolving organisations to work for, particularly if you are looking for a challenging and strategically focussed career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment.
Building Capacity to Deliver - Servicing Community Needs
Permanent Full Time
Salary: $1,420.10pw - $1,627.00pw + super
Experienced planners and recent graduates in planning or a related discipline are encouraged to apply.
Council’s Growth and Advocacy team have an exciting opportunity to join the team in the role of Section 94 Officer. This important role will be involved in all aspects of development contributions planning work including the preparation and review of contributions plans and preparing unique agreements for the provision of community infrastructure. This role also provides exposure to a variety of projects including release areas planning, capital works planning and budget preparation.
- Tertiary qualifications in town planning, engineering, economics or other related discipline
- Sound analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus
- Achievement focused and demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications, particularly spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS, and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times
- Experience in a similar or related role
- A working knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation, the Local Government Act and Contributions Plans
- Experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Experience in finance and accounting practices, social planning and engineering issues
- Public presentation skill and/or experience
Further information: Albert Jean, Team Leader Contributions Planning on 4654 7634
How to Apply: For the above position visit our website www.camden.nsw.gov.au for a Job Description and full details
Closing Date: 29 January 2018