Not only is Camden the fastest growing LGA in NSW, it is also one of the most exciting and evolving organisations to work for, particularly if you are looking for a challenging and strategically focussed career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment.
Building Capacity to Deliver - Servicing Community Needs
Salary: $1,420.10-$1627.00pw + super
Attractive conditions including leaseback vehicle
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity here at Camden Council. We are seeking a suitably qualified person who is a customer focused team player with high quality work ethics and integrity to join our motivated Compliance team.
This role will see you investigate and regulate under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, other relevant Acts, Regulations and Policies in order to protect and enhance the environment of Camden and the health and safety of its community.
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline or alternative relevant industry experience
- Broad understanding of EPA Act, 1979, planning policies and development control
- Broad understanding of Swimming Pool barrier legislation and safety standards
- Proven ability to assess and investigate land use activities, unauthorised building works in accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and development consents or certificates
- Effective oral and written communication skills in a customer service environment
- Ability to prepare and give evidence in Court
- Experience in legal processes and application of legislative provisions
- Demonstrated ability to apply Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO), Work Health & Safety (WHS) and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times
- Broad understanding of POEO Act 1997
- Experience in dispute resolution
- Building surveying, planning or building industry experience or qualifications
- Proven experience or qualifications in Swimming Pool Barrier safety and inspections
Further Information: Charlie Saab, Team Leader Development Compliance on 4645 5187
How to Apply: For the above position visit our website www.camden.nsw.gov.au for a Job Description and full details
Closing Date: 29 January 2018