Exciting Urban Planning Opportunities
Ready to supercharge your career?
• Salary circa $120k pa package
• Leaseback Vehicle
• 19 Day Month
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career as a planning professional, working on projects within Sydney’s largest and most picturesque local government area, here is your chance.
We are looking for an open-minded planning professional with the right skills, character and attitude to join our team! The position reports to the Manager Strategic Planning and will provide the candidate with a wide range of experiences and opportunities in shaping the future of the Hawkesbury.
This exciting role will focus on the organisation’s strategic planning functions associated with Town Centre Revitalisation, Placemaking, Heritage, Urban Design and Sustainability.
You will also have the opportunity work on social planning initiatives, Land Use Strategy, Policy and Planning Instruments, and provide the opportunity to participate in strategic environmental and sustainability programs in a collaborative team focused environment.
You must have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Design, Heritage, Environmental Planning, Sustainability, Economics, Social Science or related discipline.
• Class C Licence
• Significant post-graduate experience in Strategic Planning, particularly in Local Government and public administration or business
• High level of interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a collaborative and team focused environment
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.
To Apply: For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call the Human Resources Coordinator at 02 4560 4444.
Applications Close 5pm Sunday, 11 February 2018.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
The canvassing of Councillors in relation to applications for employment will automatically disqualify the applicant from the process.