Contract Manager – Aquatic & Leisure Services
Allstaff Australia is seeking an experienced Contract Manager / Contract Liaison Manager to work within for a central Sydney Council on a permanent basis. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a sporting background or sport's management background to establish themselves in a progressive high-profile Sydney based Council.
About the Opportunity
This position will involve leading and managing all aspects of the contracted service delivery arrangements for Councils' recreational sport and leisure facilities. This will include facilitating opportunities for the enhancement of community life and building community capacity through provision of sport and aquatic leisure facilities.
A large part of this role will be responsible for developing and fostering relationships with contracting organisations; (delete semicolon) and management of the of contractors to ensure they meet their ongoing obligations to Council and the community.
- Tertiary qualification in sport or recreation management or aligned field or competency demonstrated through experience.
- Extensive relevant experience demonstrating a comprehensive working knowledge of business operations and facility/property maintenance issues associated with leisure facilities or leisure contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in benchmarking and reviewing services to ensure they respond to customer expectations, provide value for money and achieve corporate objectives.
- Proven ability to guide, develop and foster effective relationships to ensure delivery of contract outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience of outsourcing and contract management as applied to a wide range of services, with a particular emphasis on the continuous improvement of services through inspections, audits and monitoring of service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and proven ability to work autonomously, under pressure in a high volume work environment and achieve strict deadlines while balancing competing priorities.
- High level written communication skills including ability to prepare advice, specifications and detailed reports relevant to the position objectives and accountabilities.
- Highly developed ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff, technical specialists, community members, with proven ability to be persuasive, collaborative and motivating including the capacity to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
- Demonstrated experience in the commissioning and start-up of new or refurbished recreation facilities.
- Ability to operate effectively in the local government context and apply sound knowledge of Council's policies, in particular procurement of goods and services.
- Comprehensive understanding of organisational change processes and the environment in which Government operates, including policies, practices and the ability to work with relevant legislation.
Applications must be submitted with a written cover letter detailing relevant prior experience. If you would like more information please contact Sophie Findlay on 02 9734 7006.