Starting Salary: Up to $125,00 per annum (+ super, leaseback vehicle and industry allowance)
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 35 hour week (with a RDO every third week)
Closing: Friday, 25 August 2017 at 4pm
Relocation assistance available.
About the Organisation
Congratulations, on taking the first step toward joining one of the Bathurst Region's largest employers! Bathurst Regional Council employs over 400 staff and provides a large range of services to our community.
Working for Council is a stimulating and rewarding career option, providing the opportunity to be part of a team contributing to shaping the success and future of our Region.
Bathurst really is the best of both worlds - a beautiful country lifestyle just two and a half hours from Sydney. Bathurst is Australia’s oldest inland settlement located just over 200 kilometres west of Sydney on the Macquarie River. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra and there is no shortage of things to see and do if you want to explore or take a lazy Sunday drive.
About the Role
Be a key part of the team that keeps this thriving regional city moving forward.
- Strategic Leadership Opportunity
- Regional Lifestyle Benefits
- Attractive Remuneration
This is a senior position in the Engineering Department and with the support of a workforce of 20 professional and design staff, the successful candidate will manage Council’s Technical Services section providing Council with services including planning and design of projects, project management, subdivision supervision and airport management.
Section functions include: Engineering Design, Major Projects, Traffic Management, Airport Management, Building Services, and Land Development.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification acceptable for Corporate Membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia
- NSW Class C Driver's Licence
- Comprehensive conceptual, analytical, verbal communication and written skills of a high standard
- Well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate major issues and liaise effectively with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated competence in planning and controlling significant capital and operating budgets in the provision of major projects in a local government context
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the management and motivation of professional staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage Council relationships with external stakeholders eg Roads and Maritime Services
- Relevant Local Government engineering design experience (5-10 years)
- Project and contract management experience
- Demonstrated ability and experience in risk management principals.
Contact Officer: Darren Sturgiss 02 6333 6221
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.